Monday, December 21, 2009

I have made a claim at the county court against a hair salon and I need advice please?

Basically, the hairdresser used the wrong colour on my hair which was a disaster. The salon tried to correct it but made it alot worse. The manager refused to redo my hair or refund me. I sent letters to the manager which were ignored so I contacted trading standards and put a claim into county court.to recover the money I paid aswel as my colour correction at the other salon. I have photographic evidence of my hair, a written colour consultation and bill from the salon that corrected my hair which will help with my claim.


I received a letter from the managers solicitor saying they will pay me the total sum once they have received confirmation that the claim has been withdrawn otherwise they will defend the claim. I would happily accept the payment to settle the claim but do I trust them to send me the cheque? Would I be able to sue them if they didnt send me the money after I had withdrawn my claim?


Thank you in advance for your advice/comments.I have made a claim at the county court against a hair salon and I need advice please?
It sounds like they are trying to trick you. don't drop the claim. I would write a letter right back saying you will drop the claim when their check has cleared the bank and the money is in your account. they don't want to go to court cause they will have to pay a lawyer and spend time defending something they will probably lose anyway. it sounds like you are doing your homework and have evidence to support you. I say stick to your guns girl!I have made a claim at the county court against a hair salon and I need advice please?
Do not agree to drop the claim on their terms. Counter with a letter stating that you will drop the claim upon the receipt of a bank check in the settlement amount. Insist on a bank check as this is treated the same as cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment