Monday, December 21, 2009

How do you make your hair feel and look the same way it does once you leave the hair salon?

I recently got my hair cut similar to a scene hairstyle. My bangs end right above my eyes and I have side layers and and some in the bottom. I use Sunsilk Hairapy Straight to Perfection Straighten-Up Shampoo and it's not really making my hair straight though. My hair has large waves, but goes almost straight when I use the blowdryer.





But...here's the problem. I tried doing the same techniques as my hairstylist by blowdrying small sections, but I feel as if my hair just comes out poofy after and it looks burnt after. I'm using a similar blowdryer to my hairstylist and I use Sunsilk Hydra, but it always comes out still looking poofy and dry. Also, when I sleep it becomes wavy unlike how I had it when I got my hair done. My bangs never behave anymore. When I iron them, they just stick up. When I use rollers they become too curly at the ends.





Can someone please help me.


I want hair just like scene girls have in photobucket. Straight/silky/and bangs that behave. Any suggestions?How do you make your hair feel and look the same way it does once you leave the hair salon?
You have to ask your stylist exactly what products they use, and when. Sometimes, stylists sell the products they use in their salon. Convenient, right!? ;]





To get smooth hair, use Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops. Don't use too much, though, because it will make your hair clumpy. Apply in small amounts and brush through afterward, but you can add more if needed.





I got that in my salon for about $15/20





Edit: In response to Andie, that's not neccessarily true. After watching the techniques my stylist used and using the same products she does, as long as its not humid (humidity kills my hair, haha) my hair pretty much looks the same as it does in the salon.





Good luck, hon :]How do you make your hair feel and look the same way it does once you leave the hair salon?
It's your shampoo, It's cheap shampoo, most store-brand, not salon brand shampoos do not have the right PH levels for your hair.. and strip your hair of natural oils, then they use animal fat oils in their conditioners to make it ';smooth and silky'; Ask your Stylist to recommend a shampoo for your hair type, you'll notice the diffrence in a few days after using it. It's worth the money, also for your bangs try a ';hot air brush'; and twirl it under your bangs...
if you straighten your hair to try and tame it, try a wet to dry straightener. my hair is always really poofy when i blowdry it so i started using the wet to dry straightener and it works beautifully!
once you blowdry it...you should go over the dried part with a straighter..once youve gotten it all dry...mouse some areas to make it stick down
Your hair will never look exactly like it did at the salon. Hair stylists have schooling and years of experience to make your hair look like that. They also have two hands and the ability to walk around your body. When someone blows out their own hair the way they have to hold the brush and dryer above their head does not allow for the same angle and tension as a stylist. Your stylist also uses more expensive professional equipment (brushes, dryer) and products.





Have someone show you how to use a flat iron. Proper use should not make hair stick up. When you pull the iron down do it in a downward arch.
Things You Need:


Hair Straightner (Sedu and CHI are good, a wet to dry one if you're going to use it when your hair's wet a lot)


Blow Dryer


Fine tooth comb


Leave-in conditioner or hair serum (I like Herbal Essences conditioner or John Frieda serum)


Mousse


Hair Thermal Protector (Tressemme is good)


Hair spray (hair sprays for frizzy or are best)


Shine spray (I like Garnier Fructis)





After Shower


Use a leave-in conditioner (regular conditioner works too but use a little less) or a hair serum when your hair is wet and then use some mousse. Use some thermal hair protector so you don't get split ends. Blow dry the top layers and bangs with a round brush in small sections. Section off the top of your hair. Straighten the bottom layers. Make sure to use a comb too. Then, use a little of the hair serum or leave-in conditioner to tame the frizz and make your hair less dry. Rub some hair wax in the ends where your hair gets wavy. Use hair spray and then use some shine spray.





In the Morning


The dry hair way if you need to do this in the morning first straighten the bottom layers. Sort of make a curve motion flipping in when straightening your bangs. Then tease the top parts but make sure to leave a thin layer on top of the teased pieces. Use the serum or conditioner to tame the frizz. Then the wax, hair spray, and shine spray. Try spraying your hair with water and then blow drying it, it takes longer but it looks better.








Tip: Ask your hair dresser what products you should use for your hair.





Sorry it's so long. Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment