Monday, December 21, 2009

10 points to best answer :if i bleach my hair before going to the hair salon will this work?

okay so right now im broke and i need to do something with my hair....


i bought a cute color at the drugstore and it only worked on the roots....


so i went to the hair salon and asked how much would they charge me there to color my hair ( i want a dark blonde) so they told me that the reason why no matter what color i dye my hair it will only get the roots..... so they told me they would have to put bleach first then the color.....it was gonna be like 175 bucks....since im on a tight budget i was thinking if i would bleach my hair myself and then go to get my har colored....but would it work????/ i need your advice/opinions.....thanks!10 points to best answer :if i bleach my hair before going to the hair salon will this work?
Well, Two answers.





First is first, I am guessing its not the first time you have done your own color since they have to bleach it out before going lighter right?


The salon would in deed bleach out the length of your hair to lighten it to a color that they could then, put the desired color over.


They most likely wouldn't touch the bleach to your roots or if they did they wouldn't leave it on very long since they are already lifted.


When you do anything like this yourself your risking that your going to damage your hair more then nessesary, and also get the leopard spotting look which is easy to do if you don't know what your doing.





I would recommend going to the salon and getting a heavy bleach weave to add a lot of highlights to your hair to blend in the roots and cancel out the previous color. Doing that rather then all of your hair will make your hair look lighter in color, and still leave it quite a bit healthier.


It is worth the money to have it done right! You can only do so much to your hair before you can't do anything at all. I just want to stress that you don't want to risk messing your hair up otherwise your going to end up with a short haircut and maybe a few new hats for awhile.10 points to best answer :if i bleach my hair before going to the hair salon will this work?
Hmm..if you want a dark blonde, i'd suggest going to a hair salon to do it naturally. I've been blonde before and every single time my roots grew, I had to bleach it and it kept damaging my hair :( I have many split ends and It took FOREVER and I had to cut my hair short so I can have healthy hair again.





OR try going to craigslist.com sometimes cosmetology students need hair models and they will either cut your hair or dye your hair for free or for CHEAP! I always see ads out there. Under ';Services - Beauty';





GoodLuck
well it would damage your hair a lot more if you do it at home by yourself and if the hair dresser see you have but bleach in it they might not want to colour it because of the damage,but that also depends on the hairdresser. I don't think you should do it at home yourself.
my advice is to not do it. sometimes the color you want takes money! if you do it yourself and haven't done it before, if you mess up, it may be hard to fix. bleach causes a lot of damage if you dont know what you're doing. the 175 bucks will only be this one time. then the rest of the times you'll just need your roots done and that will cost way less =)
I would say not to do that because I feel that bleaching your hair is even trickier than dying your hair. The last thing you want to do is walk around with carrot orange hair for a few days or burn your hair off completely! You can ask the salon, but I would assume that they would charge you the same price with or without them having to bleach it. If you are on a budget, try finding a cheaper place. It depends on where you live, but I have lived in urban, suburban, and rural type places and always paid about 80 for them to dye my whole head or about 125 for highlights.
It depends on what color your hair is now, and if it's your natural hair or if it's dyed.


Normally, it's really hard to bleach your hair on your own. It always gets patchy and orange so you'll probably end up having to do it twice.


You're better off just going to a salon and getting it done.


I recommend going to a hair school to get your hair done. It's waaaaaaay cheaper and they do a good job because their teachers are standing there making sure their doing it right, so don't worry about them messing it up.


I hope this helped! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment