Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hair salon question??????

Do you get your hair shampooed? Do they ask you if you want a shampoo? Who shampoos you your stylist or assistant? Do you wear a cape or have a towel around your shoulders for your shampoo? do you keep your eyes open or closed during your shampoo? Do they stand at your side or behind you during your shampoo? Do you talk while being shampooed? Is anyone else getting a shampoo done at the same time?Hair salon question??????
How many times do you plan to ask this? A couple of days ago you were getting your hair cut THAT day. And also two weeks ago. And about a month ago. Obsess much? Some kind of fetish?Hair salon question??????
As a stylist, I always shampoo my clients. It difficult to wet the hair adequately with only a spray bottle. I usually shampoo myself however if the salon you are going to uses an assistant, this would be their job.


I cape all of my clients as soon as they are in my chair.


Usually my clients close their eyes and relax and enjoy getting their hair washed. I also do a scalp massage for relaxation when I apply conditioner.


Depending on what type of shampoo bowl it is determines whether they stand beside you or behind you. The european bowls are stand alone so your stylist would shampoo from behind. Most salons have side bowls I think.


Sometimes my clients talk and sometimes they just quietly enjoy their experience.


We have 3 bowls at my salon so often, more than one person at a time is getting shampooed.


My best advice to you is this: your stylist wants you to have the best experience. Everyone is different so talk to her/him in the beginning and let them know what a perfect experience would be for you.


They should do their best to honor that and if they don't.....time to find a different stylist!


Hope that helps.


Good luck!
I do get my hair shampooed. And yes, usually they do ask.


My stylist shampoos my hair, but they could also have an assistant.


They give you a towel.


I usually close my eyes, because the water they use is sooo soothing,and comforting.


They usually stand on the side.


Some stylist talk while shampooing, most of the time they ask how you want your hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment