Friday, January 8, 2010

My hair is naturally red and i dyed it black what do i do to get it back without possibly going to a salon?

Ohh, I know what you are going through. I am a blonde and went dark brown/black with bright white bangs. To get it back, I had to go to the salon and it is still not back. My hairdresser did highlights all over and then put a toner on it. We've done this twice over the last two months. Otherwise, she would have had to bleach out all the color first and then put on the dye that is the same as my natural color. It is going to take some time but I didn't want the all over bleach, it will fry your hair. So, we will do the highlights again and then eventually the color will be even and I can put a single dye on it to match my original. Trust me go to a professional, you will upset if you didn't. Or go to a hair college and let the students and teachers work on your hair, it might be like a project for them and you might be able to get a discount.My hair is naturally red and i dyed it black what do i do to get it back without possibly going to a salon?
It is easy to add color to your hair, it is much harder to lighten it again, and even if you get some of the black color out, most likely it will take time for your natural color to return. I heard Prell shampoo can help remove color from a bad dye job. But I wouldnt try to dye it back yourself, unless you are a colorist.My hair is naturally red and i dyed it black what do i do to get it back without possibly going to a salon?
You really should go to a salon... sorry...





The detergent answer will RUIN your hair. It's likely already course since it's red.





You MIGHT be able to die it red again.... but it's not like you are trying to go from blonde to brown... this is a serious change, and if you do it wrong, you could wind up with VERY damaged hair by the time you are done.





Ask Mom for $$ if that's the prob.... or be prepared to cut it off and start all over again.





Some things are worth paying for...
nothing you can do but go to a salon although i heard this before not sure if its true but that if you use laundry detergent thats powder it takes out the dye but don't quote me on it
Shave your head and wait
dont do anything yourself. the best thing to do is go and get it dyed back red. or you have to wait for it to grow out and thats a tedious and ugly process when your hair ends up two different colors. the best way is to just dye it back to the natural color

No comments:

Post a Comment